A few words about the thematic field
Modern social dialogue takes place under different conditions in relation to the past. The conditions of the crisis had a significant negative impact on the implementation of the consultation process, the quality and "duration" of which has shrunk considerably, necessitating at the same time an in depth knowledge and sufficient scientific documentation on a much wider range of issues.
Bilateral or tripartite, ad hoc or institutionalized, European or national, local or sectoral, nowadays the social dialogue requires specialized knowledge and increased know-how, so that the delegates can meet the modern heightened demands required by the representation of interests and civic participation. Being the largest body representing small and medium enterprises, GSVEE is invited to represent, participate and intervene in the public sphere, through its participation in a wide range of committees, instruments and bodies.
Its institutional strengthening constitutes the prerequisite for ensuring effective interventions, the elaboration and articulating of documented positions, with the ultimate aim of acquiring and disseminating knowledge, the creation of strong partnerships and the development of structures and innovative methods of research and information.
The main goals of IME GSEVEE in this specific field are the following:
strengthening and highlighting the social dialogue, as a basic component for modern and effective governance and as a necessary prerequisite for meeting the needs of SMEs and their employees.
1. development of structures and adopting of modern methods and forms of documentation, aiming at the formulating of positions and proposals based on the acquisition of substantial know-how and realistic implementation prospects.
2. development of an upgraded framework for the communication, cooperation and dialogue between the Federations and the Unions represented by GSEVEE.
3. revitalizing, developing and supporting the operation of the Federations represented by GSEVEE.
4. upgrading the knowledge and skills of trade unions representatives that participate actively in the Federations and the Unions and represent GSEVEE in bodies and organizations.
5. networking of GSEVEE at the national and international levels, as a necessary prerequisite for a more effective fulfillment of the goals and needs of SMEs.
6. upgrading and transforming the sites of IME GSEVEE in Athens and the other regions into centers of knowledge, information and support for SMEs.
7. maintaining, upgrading and highlighting the historical archive of GSEVEE, in particular on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Confederation in 2019.
What we do
In order to achieve the above, GSEVEE has developed a multidimensional, multi-level network of actions through its Institute. These actions aim at establishing a two way approach, aimed on one hand at strengthening the role of GSEVEE at the national and European levels and on the other, at supporting its member Federations in order to upgrade their role and their interventions at the local and sectoral levels, thus aiming at the establishment of a modern and effective framework for SME representation.
In this context, IME GSEVEE implements a significant number of actions, such as seminars and information sessions for union training, advisory support for the Federations, dissemination of knowledge and provision of specialized information through a digital platform, as well as the transformation of its branches into information centers on issues related to SMEs.
At the same time and having the upgrading of its role at the national and European levels as its main objective, GSEVEE implements and participates in a significant number of networking actions with emphasis given to the establishment of partnerships with international organizations and respective foreign bodies, focusing on the highlighting of the importance of social dialogue.
In addition, IME GSEVEE elaborates a significant number of studies and surveys in order to better document the developments in the field, but also to substantiate better the positions it articulates. It has also adopted modern research practices, focusing on the better documentation of its positions.
- 79 federations ( out of which 50 are local, 28 sectoral and 1 pensioners')
- 1.100 unions
- 140.000 registered national persons (entrepreneurs)